Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I'm off to Kelowna, Edmonton and Vancouver from August 2nd to 14th. I'm really excited about it but I also have some fears. Please keep me in your prayers. :)

Dear friends and prayer partners,

Tomorrow (Wednesday), I will be off to Kelowna to meet up with a group of Taiwanese orphans who go on tour every year. For those who remember, I was there in that Taiwanese orphanage two summers ago with Vivien on missions. This year is a very unique experience for me because I will be attempting to translate their testimonies and sermons into English or Cantonese. I am not as fluent in Mandarin and I am really worried that I will not be able to do it. I know that it will solely be by God's power that I will even be useful on this trip. The choir has been on tour since July 11th and they sing almost every evening. They are usually really exhausted and many become sick. In the mere 12 days that I will be in Vancouver-Edmonton, they will be having 13 performances. That's a lot considering they've already been doing this for several weeks.

Please keep us in your prayers. I have listed a few requests to help you pray more specifically!
1) Please pray for God to use the choir as a testimony during their performances.
2) Please pray for the kids, conductor and chaperones -- for their health, spiritual warfare, etc.
3) Please pray for safety.
4) Please pray for God's anointing on my lips so that I will be able to share exactly what the kids and pastors are sharing.

2 Comments:

At August 01, 2006 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm sure this will be yet another rewarding and fruitful experience for you. Continue to trust in Him and be open to the experiences He's about to give you. Add oil Mel! I'm sure you'll make a wonderful translator with the power of the Spirit!

Have fun! will definitly pray for you and look forward to your sharing when you come back!

lots of love ~~

 
At March 03, 2007 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home