Saturday, May 01, 2004

YAY!! I'm in the HK airport right now and Viv and I are waiting for our flight to leave HK to go to Taiwan. This is almost the first time we've had internet access since we left our homes in Canada. We're not even sure if the orphanage has e-mail or internet access, but we're crossing our fingers. The past 48 hours in HK has been quite busy... composed of eating, eating, sleeping, and more eating. We've eaten with a lot of people (my parent's friends) and finally got a chance to meet up with Felicity, Perry, Joanie and Fai last night where we went to Lan Kwai Fong. It's been good to finally see familiar faces.
Hmm... I slept 17 hours on the way to HK from Toronto... just ask Joanie and Viv... I skipped all the meals and just slept... I think I was awake for 1.5 hours the whole trip. Hahaha... anyways, since we've been here, it's been hard to adjust to the hotter, humid weather, but we should be experiencing even hotter weather in Taiwan though the mountainous climate might be a bit cooler (I'm not sure b/c they don't have the weather for the mountain area we're living in but they do for the closest city). In July, when we return to HK, it will be even hotter and we are soooo not anticipating the sticky weather here!
I'm excited to actually be going to Taiwan now but I'm really not sure what to expect. It seems a little bit too unorganized or confused about what we're actually doing there. I think it will be so weird once my parents leave and Viv and I will finally be on our own in Asia. I'm so thankful to God for letting Joanie be on the plane with us as we travelled from Toronto to Vancouver to HK, and likewise, just as thankful for having my parents take us around HK for the first two days. Now, it will be truly total dependence on God to help us through communicating, adjusting to the lifestyle, and for His love to love those children. Please continue to pray for us... I will be very thankful when I have a chance once again to blog to update on how these experiences are changing me... if I don't have another chance, here is my blog for now... I can't write too much 'cuz these computers are really slow and I'm scared if I write a blog that is TOO long, it might be lost and not load properly. So for now, God bless... but I really hope to write more soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home