Thursday, September 15, 2005

week 1 of fourth year!

so, this term is supposed to be my "easy term" so i can finish my correspondence. i've officially been back for 8 days. i STARTED correspondence essay notes... i officially suck at correspondence. for those who dont' know... i'm taking "Literature for Children" from an online university, Athabasca University in Alberta. I started it late June but I've not read past Lesson 3 and I have a feeling you're supposed to do one lesson per week.

school has been OKAY so far. my favourite course right now is either MUSC 052 (Rudiments) or PHYS 020 (Physicists in the Nuclear Age). *Note the low course codes.* But Music seems like I actually have to work hard. Just lemme quote my prof in PHYS 020.

- "Queen's is unique in the sense that they offer a course for third and fourth years to get a wonderful mark. It may be the only course offered at Queen's where it is harder to get a 60 than a 90."

- "I believe in attention spans so I think that a 30-45 minute lecture is quite long. So this class will not be any longer then 45 minutes for each session." (meanwhile, it's slotted for a 3 hour lecture)

- "I will show some films after my lectures. These films will be black and white because I didn't believe in television after the nuclear bombs. But if you really want to see a good film, this class is on Tuesdays. And on Tuesdays, movie theatres offer a good and cheap opportunity to see a good colourful movie." (according to my sister who also took this course before... he said: "On Tuesdays, they have cheap tickets at the movie theatre. But if you want a change of surroundings, you can come here.")

- "I suggest you buy the courseware because it is beautifully written. (he wrote it) Not only is it beautifully written... if for some reason you cannot make it to class, the notes are already all in it. I should not have to see anyone writing notes because it is all in the courseware."

I love this course already!

2 Comments:

At September 16, 2005 7:53 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Hey Mel! So how are you enjoying 4th year so far??? I wish we easy courses like that in Elec! I actually wanted to take PHYS 020 as my elective last year but they changed it and didn't count towards Humanities! GRRRRR!!! I'm also currently doing an Athebasca correspondence as well. Organizational Behaviour! I guess I just can't get enough of school... Hope everything else is going well for you...ttys!

 
At September 20, 2005 12:49 AM, Blogger Emily said...

MEL!!!!!!!!! that's so crazy!!! oh man... i wish i had a course and prof like that :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home