Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Yunnan, China AND HK
(December 23, 2005 to January 2, 2006)

I think you can try to look at my picture album from my trip to HK and China here:
CLICK HERE!

The trip was absolutely beautiful. I always imagined China to be a crowded place (because the only other places I have been are ShenZhen and Beijing), but this proved me to be wrong. In the province of Yunnan, with a population greater than that of Canada, there was still non-crowded places and lots of room for God's creation to bloom. I was intrigued by the tribal cultures there (in China, there are 56 tribal groups and in Yunnan, there population groups of all 56 groups).

I've met people from my tour from HK, America, Shanghai, and fellow Canadians. I have seen the famous Dr. Ho in Baisha, admired the rarely seen Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, went to the ancient cities of Lijiang and Dali, eaten food off street markets in Kunming and nearly burned off my mouth... and yet, it was just as adventurous as when my parents called me mid-December.

I will miss this time in Yunnan. People say that if you ever go to China, there are two places you have to go... 1) is Beijing because it is the capital of China and 2) Yunnan, because of it's beauty. I've been to both and in that order and it's worth it.

Being in HK was great as well. The time there was too short but I'm thankful for the chance to meet up with friends such as Joanie, Perry, Rickie, Raymond and Thomas. Thanks for your hospitality and time to spend with me! I miss you all!

1 Comments:

At January 05, 2006 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh.. the pics from china were really nice :) I've only been to Guilin, the Huangshan Mountains, ShenZhen, and Beijing.. but not the other place u went to. Definitely hoping to see you more this year.. ttyl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home